Friday, September 26, 2008

The Rubber Cafe - Wheat Bundle

This is my first card using The Rubber Cafe's stamps. This image is called Wheat Bundle and is perfect for this time of year. I wanted to use rich, warm fall colors so I ended up with a Morning Marigold, Really Rust/ Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip color combination. When I saw this image the first thing I thought of was texture so I wanted to add a few elements to showcase its natural look. I distressed the cardstock that the image was stamped on, used a heavily textured paper aand added a little paper tearing. The second thing I thought of was metal/industrial, hence the antique copper brads and the silver wire screen.



Stamps: The Rubber Cafe - Wheat Bundle
Paper: Really Rust, Marigold Morning, Very Vanilla, Provo Craft Textures
Ink: Marigold Morning, Really Rust
Accessories: Natural Hemp Twine, MM Antique Copper Brads, Wire Mesh, Sponge Dauber

I enjoyed making my my first card that I decided to make another one only this time really allowing the colors and images pop. I used a combination of the CB fall embossing folder and paper tearing to give it a raw and more interesting look. Then I added the antique copper brads and Alpha Letters. To highlight the embossed lettering I applied chocolate chip ink with a sponge dauber. As you can see I also stamped the image in two different color inks this time. I think it gives it a bolder, stronger look.

The Rubber Cafe - Wheat Bundle

Stamps: The Rubber Cafe - Wheat Bundle
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Morning Marigold, Really Rust, Very Vanilla
Ink: Marigold Morning, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: CB Fall Embossing Folder, More Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon, Spare Parts Alpha Letters, Dimensional, MM Antique Copper Brads

1 comment:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very pretty, nice extra touches!