Monday, July 14, 2008

Verve's Diva Challenge #1

This card was made for the Verve Diva Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I have to say that I was a little nervous using the color combination but I must admit that the colors blend nicely together. I also thought I'd make a more feminine card since I've been making more Riley cards lately. I hope you enjoy the change of pace.

verve petals and stems
Stamps: Verve -Petals and Stems, Canvas BG
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Old Olive, White
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: CB embossing folder -Script, Brown button, Paper Piercer, Pumpkin Pie striped Ribbon, Slot Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals

Here's the closeup view of the flower so that you can see how I used dimensionals and layering to give the card more of a kick.


verve petals and stems


And finally here's the color combination that was used for the challenge:


1 comment:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh my gosh, that is beautiful! I love the color combination - isn't it funny how sometimes you can't think of what to do, but then it all comes together so perfectly? I really need to take part in one of those challenges, they sound like fun!