Monday, June 16, 2008

Bathing Riley

This is my card for the Hanna Stamps Sketch HSC21 (see sketch link below). Believe it or not I currently do not own any Riley stamps but hope to soon after the next release on Friday, June 20 th.

I was fortunate to receive stamped images from my friends on the Wish Rak group. To make Riley suitable for the tub position I colored and cut out his body from a Tractor Riley image and colored and cut out the head from a Plane Riley image and pieced them together. I used my copics, I love the sound of that but in truth I only have a handful of them. I started by buying Riley colors and hope to slowly expand one copic at a time if necessary.

The tub is from My Favorite Things Presents(Annie LaPointe). I stamped the image, cut out the tub and since the tub was too long I cut out a section and pieced it together to make it fit on the Mega Scallop punch. I used several scraps for the card including two pieces of blue ribbon that I tied together to make a bow. I also cut out a line of bubbles to make it look like a real bubble bath and used the matching paper to follow the sketch. Although this challenge wasn't a limited supply challenge it certainly felt like one. The overall card is 4.25 by 4.25 which happened to be the size of the scrap piece of cardstock.

Hanna Stamps Riley the Moose
Stamps: Hanna Stamps-Tractor and Plane Riley, MFT Anne LaPointe Flowers, By Design
Paper: Ballet Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, Flair Designs DP, American Crafts DP
Ink: Stazon Black, VersaMark
Accessories: Copics, Mega Scallop Punch, Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

Here's the link to the sketch:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355265

1 comment:

Jenn Borjeson said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE IT!!! This came out awesome, Shelly - I also do not have any Riley stamps yet and rely only on my Wish RAK friends for some cute images to play with!